Established Louisville Divorce Lawyers Help You Move Beyond the End of Your Marriage
Compassionate support to guide you safely through divorce
The decision to end your marriage is never easy: with so much invested in your partnership with your spouse, walking away can seem like the end of the world. Effectively managing the legal aspects of your divorce while attempting to deal with such deeply-felt emotions can be overwhelming. At Straw-Boone Doheny Banks Bowman & Mudd, PLLC, we know how difficult the divorce process can be. We also know how important it is for your future and emotional well-being to receive skilled and compassionate guidance so that your divorce can proceed as quickly and effectively as possible.
More than 100 years of combined experience on your side
Our Louisville family law attorneys provide the comprehensive legal support you need to address the many aspects of divorce, including:
- Child custody and support. Obtaining fair and effective child custody and support arrangements is essential to the well-being of your children. Whether you are able to work peacefully with your spouse to negotiate arrangements or need the assistance of a judge, our attorneys protect your best interests and the best interests of your children.
- Spousal support and temporary support. Kentucky law recognizes the concept of spousal support, or alimony, in cases involving a spouse who sacrifices their career or education to care for the family. Our knowledge of state spousal support laws allows us to pursue the spousal support you are entitled to, either in the short term or permanently.
- Distribution of marital property. The equitable division of marital property is important for the financial health of both parties moving forward. Trust our Louisville divorce lawyers to pursue an equitable share of marital personal property, bank accounts, stocks and other assets.
- Sale or possession of the marital home. One of the most challenging assets to deal with during a divorce is the marital home. In some cases, the home must be sold, with the proceeds from the sale split evenly between spouses. In other situations, one spouse may be awarded the home in compensation for other assets given to their spouse. We help you create and pursue realistic goals regarding your home.
- Division of marital debts. Much like the division of assets, the equitable division of debts is equally important. Saddling one spouse with the majority of debt is unfair. We offer the guidance you need to understand how your debts may be divided and work hard to protect your best interests.
Throughout your divorce proceedings, we are available whenever you have questions or concerns. By working closely with you in this way, we hope to limit the frustration and pain associated with the legal aspects of your divorce.
Contact our Louisville divorce attorneys today for a consultation
At Straw-Boone Doheny Banks Bowman & Mudd, PLLC, our Louisville divorce lawyers leverage knowledge and skill while handling your case with care and compassion. To discuss your legal needs with one of our experienced Louisville divorce lawyers, contact us online or call 502-568-4700.